Monday, February 3, 2014

Corners of the World

Recently I started traveling to slightly off the beaten path places for work. It’s been an amazing opportunity filled with once-in-a-lifetime sort of experiences, as well as a 40+ hour workweek. I make the most of the time I have after work and on weekends to explore, but I’m left with little energy for journaling, instead falling back on the cheap and easy Facebook post. As an undergrad English major, writing is close to my heart but I’ve drifted away from the practice and art of it. Natural talent is fine, but writing takes a focus and discipline that must be cultivated, which I’ve made poor efforts at over the last few years. The rich subject matter of international travel is too bountiful to resist and most importantly, waste. So here I am. Every trip. Every city. I chose the title "Techno Taxis and Curry" because in these little sips I get of places, the things I nearly always get to experience are the public transportation and food. I will capture in broad strokes or little moments some of the color, vibrancy and energy of these corners of the world and my memory.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I love your blog, it's definitely worth finding the time!

    ReplyDelete